Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Simon Says - Two Step Simple Leaves

Hello my friends, I'm sharing two cards I made using the Two Step Simple Leaves stamp set, dies and stencils along with the Fluted Forest Decor Embossing Folder from Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit. The card kit has sold out but individual items from the kit are available for purchase HERE.

I began by creating a stamping template by die-cutting all the leaves from a panel of Distress Watercolor card. The dies were not included in the kit but were available to purchase separately. With the die-cuts in place, I used the Two Step Simple Leaves stencil to colour using Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Crackling Campfire and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks.
I removed the die-cuts from the panel and placed each stamp from Simon Says Two Step Simple Leaves 6" x 8" stamp set into the negative spaces.
I picked up the stamps on to the lid of my stamp platform, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, replaced the die-cuts and stamped the detail. I will store the template with the stamps and dies for future use.
To create the backgrounds, I embossed 2 - 4" x 5.1/4" panels of Simon Says Green Leaf cardstock using the Fluted Forest Decor Embossing Folder from the kit. I inked the first panel on the embossed side with Scorched Timber Distress Ink using a Tiny Blending Tool, lightly over the centre and more heavily around the edges.
I used the blackout technique on the debossed side of the second panel, dragging the ink pad repeatedly over the panel.
I fixed the leaves in place with Distress Collage Medium and added splatters of Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain
which added beautiful golden shimmery highlights when turned to the light.
I stamped the sentiments from the Two Step Simple Leaves stamp set on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, die-cut with the matching dies and fixed to the panels with Distress Collage Medium. To finish I added White Twine bows and fixed the panels to A2 white card blanks.


Have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment