Thursday, October 3, 2024

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Modern Tree Card 2

Hello my friends, I'm back to share the 2nd card in the series I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas release using the Modern Tree Layering Stencil with a fun technique to add diagonal dimensional stripes.

I inked through the Modern Tree Layering Stencil on to masking paper and trimmed out to create the tree shape. I trimmed a panel of Distress Watercolor card to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4" and coloured with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink, (you know the drill by now - the old smooshing and swiping on the craft mat technique). I laid the mask in place and stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Home For Christmas repeatedly on the panel, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink.
I fixed Gina K Designs Masking Strips randomly on the panel on the diagonal, varying the spaces between the strips. You could always create your own strips by trimming masking paper.
I laid the stencil on the panel, applied Distress Black Texture Paste, carefully removed the masking strips and applied a fluttering of Ranger Platinum Glitter using the Stampers Anonymous Glitter Duster.
I applied Distress Texture Paste Opaque Crackle through the Tiny Holly Mini Layering Stencil from Set 62 to add just a little something something on the background.
I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink, stamped the sentiment from Home For Christmas with Versafine Onyx Black ink, sprinkled with Ranger Black Superfine Embossing Powder, heat set and die-cut using the 2nd largest circle from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Circles Thinlits.
I added a black and white checked ribbon bow at the top of this funky modern tree.
To finish I matted the panel on to a 5" x 7" white card blank.
I'll be back tomorrow to share the 3rd and last in this stencilling series.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: