Friday, July 19, 2013

D.I.Y. and other stuff

Hi folks...the D.I.Y. stuff has had to take a bit of a back seat to the crafty work pile recently and all this beautiful blue sky sunshiney weather hasn't helped move things along either. I have to admit my "paint-a-door-a-day" idea was a tad ambitious if not downright impossible...with 2 coats of primer... one coat of undercoat...a shiney shiney top coat of gloss and lots of drying time in between...that was definitely an "opened my mouth without making sure my brain was switched on" statement. The good news is...the utility room and kitchen are finished...
the not so good news is that I still have 4 doors frames and skirting boards to tackle in the little hall and family room but hey ho who's stressing...Rome wasn't built in a day and this bare wood look is beginning to grow on me...only kidding I've started so I WILL finish I'm just not making any wild predictions when that finish date might be anymore AND there's one HUGE logistical problem to work out first...with this being the Furry Boy's must pass through route to his favourite places...the kitchen and the garden...
how do I navigate that big fluffy constantly wagging tail past sticky "perfect for catching dog hairs" painted doors. And talk about setting your sights high...from one extreme to another...I've gone from painting a few doors to tackling a whole house...
but this is a piece of cake one coat wonder little project and it's just as well...there's still the interior design element to finish before I can share with you all tomorrow.  And sacre blue...more than halfway through the month and no Timmie Tag yet...crikey get your priorities sorted out woman. Have fun whatever you're doing...toodle-oo for now and I hope to see you tomorrow over at the Craftwork Cards Blog.
Hugs Kath xxx