Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Love Happy Mail...

Hi folks, for the next week or so I'll be sharing cards and projects with you using the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamp sets released this month, starting off with
CMS 339 Mail Art and CMS 338 Stamp Collecctor

I have to confess I was a little bit stuck on how I was going to use these stamps but the old brain started ticking...the word MAIL kept popping up in my head and hey presto, as if by magic, the postie arrived with some of the HAPPY variety. And those words definitely go together in my world, so I decided to create an Art Journal page featuring the stamps and some of the new products that have taken up residence in the cubbyhole recently.
I covered the pages with Memoranda Paper, added strips of Remnants Design Tape and added a thin coat of White Gesso. I then stamped the background images from Cosmopolitan with Vintage Photo Archival to create some shading and Lined with Ground Espresso Archival and added some of the gorgeous Idea-ology Aviary Collage Paper.
I stamped a selection of the images from Stamp Collector with Distress Oxide inks on to Disress Watercolor card...
and the circles and wording from Mail Mart with Black Soot Archival on to plain Collage Paper,
I die cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Gift Bag from Memoranda paper but decided it was going to be too bulky for the page so I cut the bag into two sections, cut off the flaps to make faux envelopes.
I cut out the stamps and collage paper circles and words and fixed to the pages using Distress Collage Medium Matte. I created shadowing around the stamps with a Walnut Stain Distress Crayon and highlighted the wording and numbers with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen

I die cut the word "Love" from Memoranda Paper and black cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Shadow Script 1 Thinlits and added hearts die cut from scrap card coloured with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide using the Sidekick Valentine Side-Order Thinlits.
 I cut up Idea-ology Snarky Small Talk Stickers for the sentiment...

and created highlights around the elements using the Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, added Label Letters and edged the pages with Black Soot Distress Paint to finish,
I'll be back tomorrow to share another "March Release"project
until then, have fun whatever you're doing
Hugs Kath xxx