Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone, I'm sharing a card I made to wish all my crafting friends in the USA a very Happy Thanksgiving and to say how thankful I am, now more than ever, to be part of the wonderful craft community and for all the friendships I've made along the way. I used Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Faded Type and Pressed Foliage on a Distress Ink background inspired by Tim's fabulous weekly Facebook Lives which I know so many folks, myself included, are thankful for in this crazy lockdown year, along with Simon Says Stamp Thankful For You die.


I trimmed Distress White HeavyStock to 5.3/4" square, stamped the image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Pressed Foliage inked with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink and heat embossed with Ranger Superfine Clear Embossing Powder.
I created a palette of Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge, Fossilized Amber Distress Inks and Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and laid the card into the inks. I dried and tapped back into the remaining droplets of ink, dried and repeated until I was happy with the background.
I inked the image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Faded Type with Peeled Paint Distress Archival and stamped randomly on the background.
I die-cut Simon Says Thankful For You from Distress White HeavyStock and a scrap of card coloured with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.
I trimmed the coloured section to remove "for you" inked the edge with Versamark ink, heat embossed with Simon Says Antique Gold Embossing Powder and fixed over the white die-cut. I die-cut the Thankful section from Distress White HeavyStock, fixed the letters in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte and popped the sentiment panel up on Sizzix Foam Adhesive to create dimension.
I added splatters of Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray and fixed the panel to a 6" square white card blank.

Happy Crafting my friends and have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx