Saturday, November 28, 2020

Simon Says - Slimline Scene Builder

Hi my friends, I've had Simon Says Stamp Slimline Scene Builder stamp set from the STAMPtember release sitting in the cubbyhole for sometime and thought I'd better get inky before time runs away from me and Christmas is over. So I looked out my trusty Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Stamp Platform, Distress White HeavyStock and some ink pads and made a start filling up the Christmas card box, if truth be told, up to now, it is the sole occupant but hopefully over the weekend, if I get a wiggle on, it will have some companions.

As the name suggests, the Slimline Scene Builder stamp set is perfect for creating a background on a slimline card so I inked up the large background and small snowbank stamps with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide inks and stamped on to a panel of Distress White HeavyStock. I inked the top half of the background stamp again with Black Soot and the bottom section with Pumice Stone and re-stamped, not a perfect blend of the two colours but I was happy enough with it. I stamped the trees from the stamp set inked with Simon Says Intense Black.

I inked the ornament images with Barn Door Distress Archival and stamped on the trees.
I stamped the sentiment, also inked with Barn Door Distress Archival and trimmed the panel down to 3.1/4" x 8.1/4".
I matted the panel on to a 3/1/5" x 8.1/5" card blank, scored and folded from Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red cardstock.


I love a versatile stamp set that can be used in many different ways so I'll be back tomorrow to share more cards with the "more bang for your buck" Slimline Scene Builder stamp set.

In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're creating. I'll be shutting up shop early to get ready for the Facebook Live party tonight over at Tim and Mario's place, 10.00am PT or 6.00pm if you're in the UK. No need to dress up or brush your hair, just turn up with your favourite snacks and I'll see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx