Saturday, November 28, 2020

Simon Says Stamp - Slimline Scene Builder - Take 2

Hi my friends, it's me again, crikey I'm on a roll, 2 posts in one day and I'm back to share Mini Slimline cards made with the Slimline Scene Builder stamp set from Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember 2020 release and Slimline Christmas Sentiment Strips from the Holly Jolly release.

I trimmed Distress White HeavyStock to 3.1/4" x 6.1/4" to create two mini slimline cards. I taped the card panels to my Glass Media Mat using Painters Tape. I stamped the snowbank from the stamp set, inked with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink and coloured the top section with Speckled Egg and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide inks using a mini round blending tool. I stamped the small tree from the stamp set, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.
I carefully removed the Painter Tape but on the left hand card, it ripped the edge of the panel, so I had to trim it down to remove the white border (I'll be sticking, excuse the pun, with my trusty Purple Tape from now). I sprinkled on Stampendous Chunky White and Aged Black Embossing Enamels and heat set from underneath. I matted the panels on to SSS Ultra White and Schoolhouse Red Cardstock and fixed to 3.5" x 6.5" white card blanks.
I trimmed down sentiments from Simon Says Slimline Christmas Sentiment Strips and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I inked the sentiments from the stamp set with Black Soot Distress Archival, stamped at the bottom of the panels and added Ranger Carnation Red Enamel Accents to the trees.

I'll be back tomorrow to share another card, not a slimline one, made with Simon Says Stamp Slimline Scene Builder stamp set, Bold Merry Christmas stencil from the Holly Jolly release and lots of Rustic Wilderness ink blending. In the meantime, have fun with your Christmas makes.
Hugs Kath xxx