Thursday, March 24, 2022

You Made Me Who I Am - Take 2

Hi my friends, I'm back to share a card I made using Simon Says Stamp Fanfare 6" x 9" Stencil from the Hello Gorgeous release to create backgrounds and I just couldn't resist using the CZ Designs You Made Me die again. Can you tell I have a thing about big word dies, in fact you could say it's a bit of an addiction. You can also check out the rest of the fabulous products from this release HERE.

I trimmed an A4 sheet of Distress Watercolor card in half and spritzed Speckled Egg and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Sprays through the Fanfare Stencil, lifted the stencil, spritzed the panel lightly with water to make the inks wick, dried and trimmed in half to make A2 panels.At this stage, there is always excess ink that has soaked through to the back of the stencil, so I pressed the stencil on to the other half of the Distress Watercolor card, covered with kitchen towel and pressed to transfer the ink to the card. Again I spritzed lightly with water, dried and trimmed to make A2 panels. One application of Distress Oxide sprays and I have 4 - A2 backgrounds to play with.I spritzed an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card with Speckled Egg and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Sprays, die-cut using CZ Designs You Made Me die and set the letters aside to use later.I spritzed another A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card with Frayed Burlap and a little Speckled Egg Distress Oxide spray and die-cut using Simon Says Etched Berry Branch.I die-cut one of the original A2 background panels using the Etched Berry Branch and You Made Me dies, fixed the panel to white cardstock and set the die cuts aside.I die-cut both dies another 3 times from Distress Watercolor card, fixed one set of die-cuts into the negative spaces, layered the other two on top and finished by adding the coloured die-cuts to create lots of dimension.
I inked the edges of the panel with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink and added splatters of the same colour by smooshing the ink pad on to my craft mat, spritzted with water and picked up on my Distress Splatter Brush. To finish I matted the panel on to a 4.1/2" x 5.3/4" white card blank.

The left over branch and letters from die-cutting the background are sitting on my workdesk, so no doubt, there will be another card coming soon. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Kath, love the backgrounds.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your awesome descriptions of how you make your cards. I am just learning all this great techniques and after reading your post I am ready to give it a try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning,I love your backgrounds.x

    ReplyDelete