Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Hello Gorgeous

Hi my friends, today I'm sharing 2 cards I made with the Folk Art Flowers Cling Stamp from the Simon Says Stamp Hello Gorgeous release. You can check out all the fabulous new products from the release HERE


This is a fun stamp to work with because the flower heads and berries pop out allowing you to stamp those individually using different colours of inks. The first card was inspired by the colours of the crocuses in my garden.

I placed the Folk Art Flowers Cling Stamp on the door of my Stamp Platform, inked with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink and spritzed lightly with water. I placed a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card on top, pressed firmly all over with my fingers to ensure good transfer of the ink and dried.
I removed the flower head stamps, placed over the corresponding images on the card and stamped, inked with Dusty Concord and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks. 
I repeated this process with the berries, inked with Forest Moss Distress Oxide ink.
I coloured a section of Distress Watercolor card with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink and die-cut the Simon Says Hello die 4 times.
I layered the die-cut Hello to create dimension and die-cut the shadow from Simon Says Vellum.
I fixed the die-cut to the vellum with Distress Collage Medium, fixed the vellum to the panel and added Ranger Glossy Accents to the Hello and berries.
I inked the edges of the panel with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink, added a Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Small Talk Sticker and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

 I used more muted colours on the second card
This time I inked the stamp with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink and spritzed lightly with water.
I used the Simon Says Hello shadow die to cut an aperture in the panel and backed with brown card from Sizzix Neutrals pack.
I placed the panel in my Stamp Platform, arranged the flower head stamps over the corresponding images and stamped, inked with a mix of Wild Honey and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide inks.
I fixed Pure and Simple Glossies Enamel Dots over the stamped berries. I die-cut the Hello 3 times from Distress Watercolor card coloured as before and fixed into the aperture with Distress Collage Medium.
To finish, I inked the edges of the panel with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool, added Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Small Talk Stickers and fixed to an A2 white card blank.
I'll be back soon to share more cards made with products from the Hello Gorgeous release. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. So pretty l love the background and the big hello is just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired by your work. These cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete