Friday, March 25, 2022

A "Using Up The Left Overs" Card

Happy Friday my friends, just a quick post today to share the card I made with the left over Simon Says Etched Berry Branch and You Made Me die cuts, cut from the background on yesterday's card.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to slightly smaller than A2 and spritzed Speckled Egg and just a little Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Sprays on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat. I spritzed with water, laid the panel into the ink, dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining droplets. I tapped Simon Says Fanfare Stencil on the remaining droplets and pressed on to the panel. I smooshed a Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink pad on to the back of the stencil, spritzed with water and used to create a random monoprint effect on the background.
I fixed the die-cuts from yesterday's background in place with Distress Collage Medium, coloured Trinity Stamps pearls with Mushroom Alcohol ink, fixed in place and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.

I'm leaving behind the muted colour palette and going all out bright and cheerful with a week of Chapter 2 sneaky peeks and cards made with Simon Says Life Is A Party April Card Kit. In the meantime, have a great weekend whatever you have planned and I'll be back on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge. 
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is a really nice card Kath... I love the vintage old look to it in the color and the style. I like that stencil too... had to put it in my cart. LOL You have such a wonderful touch with color and putting everything together. Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so Beautiful, unusual colouring and I love it.So elegant and great words.x

    ReplyDelete