Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Cards for Ukraine

Hi my friends, it's been heartbreaking to watch the Russian invasion of Ukraine, man's inhumanity to his fellow man and the senseless loss of so many innocent lives is beyond my comprehension. I pray with all my heart that good will prevail over evil and this horrendous nightmare will soon be over for the Ukranian people. I'm sharing a card I made to show support for Ukraine, using the colours of their national flag.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 3.3/4" x 5", coloured with Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink and added splatters of Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink.
I die-cut Simon Says Etched Berry Branch from Distress Watercolor card and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I die-cut Simon Says Layered Chick-a-dee from Distress Watercolor card and coloured with Mustard Seed and Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide inks, assembled, the beak and eye die cut from black card, added Glossy Accents and fixed to the panel with foam adhesive.
I applied Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink through Simon Says Peace Joy Love Hope Stencil and added two extra die-cut leaves to create dimension.

To finish I matted the panel on to a Simon Says Soft Navy Cardstock A2 card blank.
Hugs Kath xxx

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card Kath.
    I think most of the world feels the same way, this is all too heartbreaking, I pray it all ends soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful, heartfelt card. We have many friends in Ukraine, and my husband has traveled there for mission trips. They are in our deepest prayers. May peace prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is both Beautiful and Poignant.I agree with everything you say.I just can't watch the news sometimes,it's to upsetting.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with every word typed Kath my heart goes out to them all and pray that it ends soon, your card is so lovey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Kath, the Chickadee is so sweet. It is hard to believe that the atrocities in the Ukraine are happening, praying for peace

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all sad over what is happening to those people in Ukraine and even the Russian people.
    Do you know any of our great card designers who live in Ukraine? I would like to support them on you tube and Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always inspired by you cards, thanks for all the hard work you do for all the companies. I always look forward to watching for your new designs, helps me in my studio with my cards.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Kath. I share your feelings.💙💛

    ReplyDelete