Friday, March 18, 2022

Woohoo - Saltwater Taffy

Happy Friday my friends, yesterday I finally had a proper play with Saltwater Taffy, the latest colour to join the Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink Distress family and had great fun creating backgrounds with combos of other colours.The first card to roll off the backgrounds production line and I didn't do my usual step-by-step photo tutorial, because when you're in the moment, grabbing the camera is the last thing on your mind.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 6" and used Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Saltwater Taffy Distress Spray Stains and Distress Oxide Sprays to colour the background. I inked the script image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dearly Departed with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink, stamped randomly on the background and repeated with the stamp inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink.
I applied Distress Crackle Texture Paste through Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Grime Layering Stencil from Set 43 and set aside to dry.
I inked the large flower image from Dearly Departed with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink, stamped on to Distress Watercolor Card, fussy cut, fixed to the background with Distress Collage Medium and coloured with Saltwater Taffy, Antique Linen and Mustard Seed Distress Re-inkers using a Distress Detailer Brush.
I added a few drops of Statue Distress Foundry Wax to my Glass Media Mat, picked it up on my fingers and spread lightly over the Crackle Texture Paste and around the edges of the card. I added more drops, thinned down with a spritz of Isopropyl Alcohol, splattered on to the background with a small brush and heat set. I flicked on drops of Distress Resist Spray, sprinkled with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder and heat set.
To finish, I covered the front of a 4.1/2" x 6.1/2" white card blank with brown card from the Idea-ology Neutrals KraftStock pack, sanded back to reveal the kraft core around the edges and fixed the panel in place with Distress Collage Medium.
Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned. The sun is shining today so I'm having a potter around in the garden and tomorrow I've got a hot date over at Tim and Mario's YouTube Live party for the launch of something new and exciting, 9am PT, 12pm ET and 4pm in the UK, see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kath this is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real stunner, Kath, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, great colours.... May have to go buy some saltwater taffy after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,it is a WOW from me too.I just LOVE everything about it that background is Awesome.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have created the background! What a fabulous card! :)

    ReplyDelete