Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Tim Holtz/Simon Says Stamp - Scared Silly

Hello my friends, it's never too early to get started on your Halloween makes so I decided to make Halloween themed arch shaped cards using the adorable images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Scared Silly and Simon Says Stamp Scared Silly co-ordinating dies. You can check out all the stamps and co-ordinating dies from the new release HERE.


I began by creating 3 cards using Simon Says Stamp Nested Domed Arches dies. I lined up the left edge of the largest die slightly off the edge of the white card blank and die-cut. I taped the largest and second largest die together and die-cut from Distress Black HeavyStock to create the frames.
I die-cut the inserts for the frames from Distress Watercolor card using the second largest die.
I coloured the first insert panel using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Mask, Tea Dye and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks and stamped with the bats and corn stalks from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous The Scarecrow, inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
I repeated the process using Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks and stamped the large branch from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mr. Bones.
On the third panel, I used Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord Distress Oxide inks and the large spider web from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Boo Crazy.
I stamped all the images from the Scared Silly stamp set on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and coloured with Distress Watercolor Pencils (colours linked below) using a Detailer Waterbrush.
I die-cut using the Simon Says Stamp Scared Silly co-ordinating dies. At this stage I realised I should have heat embossed the images before colouring to make them stand out more so I tapped a Versamark ink pad over each die-cut, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
I stamped the sentiments from Scared Silly on to Distress Black HeavyStock, inked with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I die-cut the sentiments using the Scared Silly co-ordinating dies and hey presto, I now have a big pile of images and sentiments to play with.
I added splatters of Frozen Fog and Mulled Cider Distress Mica Stains.
I fixed the die-cut Scared Silly images and sentiments to the cards using Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Perfect Craft Glue and Thin 3D Foam Squares and added Black/White Plaid Ribbon bows from my stash.



Have fun with whatever you are making for Halloween.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment