Sunday, June 7, 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge

Morning Folks......time for another challenge card and I know I have left it a little bit late this week....but better late than never as they say...   The challenge on Papertake Weekly this week is a fabulous sketch from my bloggy bud....Dawny P as always a great sketch to work with and hey absolutely terrific news.....Miss PinkPiggyWiggy is now back online after all her computer problems....thank goodness for that....I tell you I was having serious DawnyP withdrawals.

Papers & Topper: 3 Bugs in A Rug
"Hoppy Bird-Day Collection"
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon: Doodlebug
Sentiment...computer generated
Dawn will be taking over the running of  the Papertake Weekly Challenge blog as from next week and a little reminder....challenges will now be set on TUESDAYS.
This was one of my purchases from my newly opened local craft shop....Simply Create and while it is out on my desk....I think I may just use it for my next challenge card.......for Carol's Sketch Fun.....and talking about the new place to splash my cash.....reminds me.....I got this award from one of my lovely bloggy buds who happens to live not too far away and was solely responsible for encouraging me to buy all those luscious goodies the other weekend......yes it's you DEBBI...but seeing you were so kind in giving me this beautiful award.....you are forgiven....looking forward to our next "splash the cash" day out.
And I am off now to look out my vest.....or simmit as we call it in this neck of the woods and I will be tucking it into my knickers...can't afford any bare skin showing.....the sun is shining but there's a chilly wind...don't know where it's coming from but I sure know where it's going......even had to put the central heating on last night....for goodness sake....it's June and I am practically sitting on top of the radiator in an effort to keep warm.   Toodle..oo...for now....Hugs Kath xxxxxx

20 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a cute bird image.

    It was pretty nippy down here in Dorset all day yesterday, I did consider putting the heating on at one point! Then we had torrential rain last night, but its bright and sunny this morning. Weather...hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Kath,l love the papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little birdy, gorgeous card Kathy. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card hon ...i have this image in my head now of you tottering off to the cubby hole in your vest n knicks lol
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it Kath! The topper is so cute!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, Kath, simple yet so elegant! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kath, hpoe you are having a super Sunday. I'm ruddy freezing today :( wheres the sun gone! Woof to the budster :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya KAth
    Just stopping by for a catch up - have been absent for a bit and my mojo has taken a bashing these past couple of days... Grrr!! Not been in the mood at all.!
    Well I can see you have been crafting up a storm and your cards are just amazing - I love the Ted one what a sweet scene...
    Lovely sunny day here and quite warm too... unusual or what>...

    Hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kath, loving this card and your super cute bird topper.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a lovely card, cute birdie
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Kath.Love the papers and the cute little birdie.Had a giggle at your description of your simmit and drawers...lol
    Hugs
    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous as always Kath, looking forward to see how you use these lovely bits & bobs with my sketch challenge :)
    Thanks for the tip about the Tattered Rose.....it's what i always use for skin colour but it just would not work for me yesterday!!

    Hugs
    Carol x
    p.s. we had the heating on a bit last night....Rhianna's like a string bean and feels the cold really easily!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how come I always get the blame??? lol
    fab card - I recognised that birdie straight away, i still haven't touched the goodies i bought yet though

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kath,

    thanks for your lovely comment at my blog :) Nice blog do you have with fab projects!

    Hugs xxx Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. My word - you make me laugh, Kath! Card is gorgeous. Hope you have a brilliant week next week.

    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww that's fab Kath! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. rofl at you tucking yer vest into yer knickers... ooh you do make me giggle Kath.

    Love love love the card too.

    Hope you are having a fab day :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a lovely card Kath, cute birdie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally gorgeous, kath!!!
    Peet x

    ReplyDelete