Thursday, September 2, 2021

Simon Says - STAMPtember Blog Party

Hi my  friends, the month long STAMPtember celebration of stamps, dies, stencils and more has begun over at Simon Says Stamp and you're invited to join in the fun.

Throughout STAMPtember, Simon Says Stamp will be celebrating every day, posting exclusive collaborations, contests, prizes, special promotions, announcements and even more surprises on Simon Says Stamp Blog. To get the party started, there's a special STAMPtember BLOG PARTY today on Simon's Blog and I'm thrilled to be joining lots of my Simon Says friends to share lots of inspiration using the new products - click HERE to join the party and check out the list of participants. You will also find a promotional code on each blog participating in the party to receive a free gift with a qualifying purchase and you can check out all the fabulous new products from the STAMPtember release HERE.

I created a trio of cards with an Autumn theme using masking techniques with the Ornate Leaves Wafer Thin Die and sentiments from the XL Greetings Stamp Set, Distress Spray Stains and Distress Mica Stains Set 1

I began by die-cutting masking paper using the Simon Says Ornate Leaves Wafer Thin dies and attached to 2 panels of Distress Watercolor card trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4" On a third panel, I attached the waste from the masking paper.
I spritzed the panels with Old Paper and Iced Spruce Distress Spray Stain, spritzed with water and dried.
I spritzed Jack O Lantern Distress Mica Stain on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped each panel in to the stain, dried and tapped back in again to pick up the remaining droplets. I added splatters of Walnut Stain Distress ink, dried the panels and removed the masks.
Then it was time to create the sentiments. On the first card I inked the sentiment from Simon Says XL Greetings with Simon Says Embossing ink, stamped on to a scrap of Vellum and trimmed to create a custom sentiment.
I fixed the sentiment to the panel using Distress Collage Medium Matte
On the second card, I inked the sentiment from Simon Says XL Greetings 3 with Iced Spruce Distress Ink and stamped repeatedly over the background. I die-cut the Hello and Ornate Leaves Wafer Thin dies 3 times from Distress Watercolor card to create dimension. I fixed the die-cut leaf in place with Distress Collage Medium and added the Hello die-cut to a scrap of left over Distress Watercolor card coloured with Jack O Lantern Distress Mica Stain and die-cut using the Hello Shadow die.

On the third card, I inked the Happy Birthday sentiment with Simon Says Embossing Ink, stamped on to a scrap of Vellum, sprinkled with Simon Says White Fine Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I coloured the back of the vellum with Jack O Lantern Distress Mica Stain, fussy cut around the letters and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium.
I scored and folded Distress Kraft HeavyStock to create 3 - A2 cards and fixed the panels in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I'm off to make myself a cuppa, find a comfy chair and spend the afternoon visiting all the amazing creative Simon Says friends who have contributed to the blog party.
Hugs Kath xxx