Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Mr Frost Slider Card

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the slider card I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas release using the adorable Mr Frost, Scribbly Snowflakes and Festive Words Thinlits. And oh boy, what an amazing Live it was, 3.1/2 hours of fun, Tim sharing the new products and beyond words inspirational projects from the Makers, if you missed it, you can catch up over on Tim's blog HERE or YouTube Channel HERE.


I began by die-cutting Scribbly Snowflakes Thinlits from masking paper and adhering to a slimline panel of Distress Watercolor card. I smooshed Prize Ribbon Distress Ink and Shaded Lilac and Scattered Straw Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat of my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and laid the panel into the inks. I dried and then tapped back into the inks to pick up the remaining droplets and once the panel was dry, peeled off the masking paper snowflakes. I used one of Simon Says Stamp Nesting Banners dies to create the slot for the slider mechanism. I die-cut Festive Words Thinlits from Distress Watercolor card, coloured as before and layered with the words die-cut from plain Distress Watercolor card, lightly shaded with the Prize Ribbon ink left on the craft mat.
Then it was time to create the slider mechanism, not pretty but it won't be seen at the end of the day. I positioned the sentiment on the front of the card, lined up small foam squares through the slot to which I added 5p pieces.
I covered the back of the panel with 3D foam tape leaving a channel with just enough room for the 5p pieces to slide along
I die-cut Mr Frost Thinlits from Distress Watercolor card and black and brown Idea-ology Classic KraftStock, assembled and added shading and colour to the body, scarf and nose using Prize Ribbon and Carved Pumpkin Distress Re-inkers and a Distress Detailer Brush. I added a strip left over from the background for the band on his hat.
I added Idea-ology Remnant Rubs to the slider slot
and fixed Mr Frost in place with 3D foam tape to create dimension
I trimmed the panel to leave a small border top and bottom and fixed to a white 3.1/4" x 8.1/4" Slimline card.

I'll be back soon to share more makes with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas release, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx