Monday, September 20, 2021

Tim Holtz STAMPtember 2021

Hi my friends, if you have just watched the YouTube Live launch of the exclusive 2021 STAMPtember colloboration with Tim Holtz and Simon Says Stamp, I bet you are as excited as I am.


I confess I am truly old school when it comes to Christmas and instantly fell in love with the beautiful traditional and very detailed images in this stamp set, there is nothing more magical than an image of Santa and his trusty reindeer dashing across a moonlit sky. If you missed the Live, you can check out all the fabulous inspiration from lots of makers over on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Tim's Blog HERE and if you want this set, do not delay, run rather than walk, right now over to Simon Says Stamp HERE and pop it in your cart because once IT'S GONE, IT'S GONE.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 3" x 8" and fixed pieces of Tim Holtz Sticky Grid Sheets to the back of the Moon Masks.
I smooshed Black Soot and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with Empty Tomb and Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stains and a light spritz of water and laid the panel on the inks.
This is where I got a little bit excited that the colours had blended together to create a beautiful mossy greyish green and forgot to take photos of the next stage of the process. I removed the solid mask, replaced it with the other mask in the set and spritzed with Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain. I removed this mask, spritzed around the moon with water, letting the colour run down on to the moon and dried.
I stamped the santa image with Black Soot Distress Archival. I stamped the pine tree image with Forest Moss Distress Oxide, sprinkled with Ranger Superfine Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I add white accents to the snow areas on the trees using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen.
I inked the sentiment and snow flurries image with Distress Embossing ink, sprinkled with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder and heat set.
To finish I trimmed the panel down slightly, fixed to mats of green Idea-ology KraftStock from the Cool Stack and Gold Metallic KraftStock trimmed to be slightly bigger and added to a white 3.1/4" x 8.1/4" Slimline card blank.



I'll be back tomorrow to share the second card I made for the Live.

In the meantime, Happy Shopping.
Hugs Kath xxx