Friday, September 17, 2021

Festive Words Gift Bag

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the Gift Bag and card I made using Scribbly Snowflakes and Festive Words Thinlits for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas Seasonal release and if you missed the Live, I would recommend you hop over to Tim's Blog HERE and check out all the fabulous new products and the amazing amazing inspirational projects from all the makers.


I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to be slightly smaller than the front of the "cheap as chips" bag which I purchased as a pack of 5 from a local discount store. I spritzed the panel with water, sprayed with Hickory Smoke Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Spray, dried, added droplets of the Distress Oxide Spray and water and dried again. I die-cut the snowflakes from the panel using the Scribbly Snowflakes Thinlits. I fixed the panel to Sizzix Charcoal Glitter card from the Charcoal Opulence Pack, trimmed to be the same size as the front of the gift bag. I fixed Sizzix Adhesive sheet to scraps of Distress Watercolor card and die-cut the snowflakes again. I placed the snowflakes back into their negative spaces on the panel and pressed down only the small accent pieces, removed the whole snowflakes and placed them back on the adhesive carrier sheet to be used on another project.I coloured the inserted accent pieces using Hickory Smoke Distress Spray Stain and a Distress Detailer Brush. I die-cut the sentiment using Festive Words Thinlits, the background panel from the Charcoal Opulence Glitter Card/the words from Distress Watercolor twice and layered. I fixed to the gift bag using foam adhesive to create dimension and added enamel dots to the snowflake centres.I die-cut 3 Scribbly Snowflakes from left over Distress Watercolor card and fixed to a Charcoal Glitter card die-cut circle.I spritzed white ribbon with Hickory Smoke Distress Spray Stain, scrunched up in my hand while it was still wet and set aside to dry. I tied around the bag handle and created a bow.
and added a gold glitter thread bow on top
I changed my mind about the white enamel dots and replaced with pearls coloured with Gilded Alloy Alcohol ink and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.


Another week bites the dust and woohoo, tomorrow is Saturday. That means I'll be heading over to Tim and Mario's place for the fun launch party of the Stampers Anonymous Christmas Collection at 9.00am PT, 12.00pm ET and 5.00pm UK, hope to see you there. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a teeny weeny sneaky peek of one of the fabulous treats you have in store.

Hugs Kath xxx