Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Retro Oven Thinlits

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the gift bag I decorated for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas release using the Retro Oven Thinlits. And oh boy, what an amazing Live it was, 3.1/2 hours of fun, Tim sharing the new products and beyond words inspirational projects from the Makers, if you missed it, you can catch up over on Tim's blog HERE or YouTube Channel HERE.



I began by removing the handles of the kraft bag and trimmed Distress Watercolor card to fit the front leaving a small border. I smooshed Pine Needles and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and laid the panel into the inks. dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining droplets. I inked the plaid background from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Plaid and Nordic with the same inks, spritzed lightly with water and stamped on to the panel.
I fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to Sizzix Neutral and Idea-ology Classic KraftStock and die-cut using  Tim Holtz/Sizzix Retro Oven Thinlits.
I placed the die-cut gingerbread men and hearts from the Retro Oven Thinlits and a selection of Sizzix Beads and Sequins into the Sizzix Square Dome, removed the adhesive backing and fixed to the Retro Oven die-cut.
I added a scrap of brown card to the back of the oven and fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the lettering from Sizzix Neutral and Idea-ology Classic KraftStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Varsity and Upper and Lower Tiny Type Thinlits and added left over die-cut hearts.
I punched two holes in the bag, threaded through Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Velvet Trim from the Warm pack and tied to secure.


Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx