Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tim Holtz STAMPtember 2021- Take 2

Hi my friends, I'm back to share the second card I made for the YouTube Live launch of the  exclusive Tim Holtz STAMPtember 2021 collaboration with Simon Says Stamp which, not surprisingly has SOLD OUT. Woohoo, well done to all those who were quick off the mark and managed to grab a set, you are going to have so much fun making magical Christmas cards this year.




I stamped the Santa image from STAMPtember 2021 inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and placed the moon mask included with the stamp set partially over the image, held in place with Tim Holtz Sticky Grid Sheet. I blended Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide on to the panel using a Mini Round Blending Tool.
I removed the mask, added the second mask and inked with Wild Honey Distress Oxide using a Mini Round Blending Tool.
I spritzed the panel with water, allowing the ink to run into the moon and dabbed with a paper towel for that water droplet look. I stamped the pine tree and cloud images, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and used a Distress Detailer Brush to remove some of the colour from the trees, clouds and white areas on Santa's coat and hat.
I applied Distress Snowfall Grit Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Speckles Layering Stencil and used the Glitter Duster to add Distress Rock Candy Glitter while the paste was still wet.
I stamped the sentiment, inked with Distress Embossing ink, sprinkled with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder and heat set. I covered the Santa image with scrap paper and added splatters of Flickering Candle Distress Mica Stain.
I spritzed Peppermint Stick, Flickering Candle and Crooked Broomstick Distress Mica Stains on to my Glass Media Mat and used a Distress Detailer Brush to colour the Santa image.
I trimmed the panel to 5" square and matted on to white cardstock and Ideaology Gold Metallic KraftStock trimmed to be slightly larger and fixed to a 5.1/2" square white card blank.


I'll be back soon to share the cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas 2021 collection, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx