Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Simon Says - Mushroom Stems

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a panel I created to add to my Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Collection Folio Folder dedicated to Nature, using the Mushroom stems die from Simon Says Just For You latest release, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Layering Stencils from Set 49 with Ranger Distress Texture Paste and Distress Embossing Glazes, Sizzix Funky Foliage Thinlits, paper from Idea-ology Backdrops Volume 4, Specimen Remnant Rubs and Clippings Stickers.
I trimmed paper from Idea-ology Backdrops Volume 4, applied Distress Texture Paste Opague through the Script Mini Layering Stencil, sprinkled with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set once the paste had dried.
I applied the Texture Paste again through the Deco Arch Mini Layering Stencil from the same set and laid aside to dry.
I added Idea-ology Specimen Remnant Rubs and splatters of Rustic Wilderness Distress Paint.
I die-cut Simon Says Mushroom Stems from Distress Watercolor card.
I fixed Tim Holtz/Sizzix Sticky Grid Sheets to my Glass Media Mat, laid the die cut sheet on top, replaced the die-cuts back into the negative spaces which holds the die-cuts in place for colouring. I used Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks for the stems and underside section of the mushroom caps, applied with Distress Blending Brushes.
I masked off the sections I had already coloured to make sure I didn't get colour on the Sticky Grid Sheets so they could re-used and coloured the mushroom caps with Candied Apple, Crackling Campfire and a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.
I assembled the mushrooms and added splatters of White Gesso and Decayed Distress Mica Stain.
I die-cut the greenery from green Sizzix Surfacez Cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Funky Foliage Thinlits and shaded with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink.
I fixed Idea-ology Mummy Cloth to the panel using Distress Collage Medium, added the mushrooms and greenery with Distress Collage Medium and Simon Says Foam Squares behind the mushroom caps to add dimension and added Idea-ology Clippings Stickers.
I trimmed Idea-ology Black KraftStock to be 1/2" larger, sanded the edges using a Tim Holtz Sanding Disk to reveal the kraft core, to use as a matt for my decorated panel
and fixed inside my Small Collection Folio Folder






Have Fun and Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx