Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Spring Is In The Air

Hi my friends, Spring is definitely in the air in my neck of the woods and I can't wait to get out into the garden and tackle a little spring tidy up. The spring flowers took a bit of a battering from the recent snow and heavy rain but they picked themselves up and are back treating me to a fabulous show of colour, isn't Mother Nature wonderful.

In the meantime, I've been having fun making Easter gifts for family and friends using Tim Holtz Idea-ology Salvaged Rabbits, Tiny Eggs and Barrels inspired by Tim's recent Easter/Spring Ideas video on YouTube which you can find HERE. It was just the kick up the butt I needed to make, instead of purchasing, looking and hoarding all these goodies. Tim also has a great video on how to colour the rabbits and eggs which you can watch HERE. Make yourself a cuppa, find a comfy sofa and enjoy.


I set up a little Easter production line, filled Idea-ology Barrels with 1" round styrofoam balls and packed with moss. I painted the Salvaged Rabbits with Walnut Stain Distress Paint and used a Sakura Black Glaze Pen for the eye once the paint was dry. I added Speckled Egg Distress Paint to the Idea-ology Tiny Eggs by rolling the eggs on my paint covered fingers, laid the eggs on kitchen towel to dry and then added splatters of Ground Espresso Distress Paint on. I spritzed the Idea-ology Bouquet Findings with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Spray, spritzed lightly with water and set everything aside to dry.Then it was time to assemble my Easter Woodland Scenes on wood slices from my stash. I added some sticks from the garden and fixed the barrels, rabbits, tiny eggs, flowers and lots of moss to fill in the gaps with the help of my trusty Hot Glue Gun.

Happy Crafting and have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh how cute are they and the eggs of course x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing. Those speckled blue eggs are adorable. I just love everything about this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete