Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Happy Sunshine Cards

Hi my friends, yellow is not a colour I use very often but I do love it when combined with black so I decided to embrace this happy sunshine colour to create cards using the beautiful floral images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Botanicals. Seeing as it was going to be an out of my comfort zone adventure anyway, I decided to throw images from The Inspector, Tiny Prints and Creative Blocks into the mix along with some stencilling. "Just go for it" may be my new motto.coloured A2 panels of Distress Watercolor card with a mix of Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks, spritzed with water and dried.I applied Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Brush Hex, Brush Mark and Brush Arch Layering Stencils to create a tone-on-tone effect.
I inked both Tiny Prints background with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink and holding the stamps in my hands, stamped randomly around the edges of the background panels.
I inked the images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Botanicals with Black Soot Distress Archival ink, stamped on to Distress Watercolor card and trimmed to leave a small border using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer.
I coloured the images with Distress Watercolor Pencils by picking up the colour from the tip of the pencil with a Detailer Brush. I dried each layer of colour before adding more until I was happy with the colours and the shading.
Then came a big oops moment. I had intended to re-stamp the image after colouring to re-define the details but realised the error of my ways as I removed the first stamp from the lid of my stamp platform. But hey, I wasn't going to start over so I looked out my trusty Simon Says Stamp Grid Transparency, tucked into the corner of the stamp platform, lined up the stamp and stamped the image on the Grid Transparency, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink.
I slid the stamped image under the Grid Transparency until the images lined up perfectly, carefully removed the Grid Transparency and re-stamped over the original image. I repeated this step with the other stamped images.
I stamped the typography background and playing card icons from The Inspector on to the backgrounds, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide ink and fixed the Bold Botanicals panels to the backgrounds. I stamped the images from Creative Blocks on to acetate. inked with StazOn Jet Black and fussy cut. I dabbed White Gesso sparingly on to the backs of the acetate tiles to make them slightly less transparent and fixed to the backgrounds with staples using Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I stamped the sentiment banner from The Inspector, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival, on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey Distress Watercolor Pencils, trimmed and highlighted the inside of the letters with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen. I added Distress Crackle Texture Paste through the dots EveryDay Art Element Stencil randomly over the backgrounds.





To finish I matted the panels on to A2 panels of Black Distress HeavyStock and fixed to A2 white card blanks.




Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. Stunning 💛🌻💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I was wondering how you keep the distress ink from bleeding through to the crackle paste on top in the circles you stenciled? Also, did you use Picket Fence to splatter with?

    ReplyDelete