Saturday, April 15, 2023

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Floral Trims

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the set of cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous latest release of stamps and stencils using Floral Trims, Tiny Prints for the background panels and Note Quotes for the sentiments. Wow, what a fabulous fun party it was, celebrating the most amazing red rubber and I know I say this everytime but our Professor has knocked it out of the park again and it's so hard to choose a favourite. If you missed the Live, you can rewatch on Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog HERE to check out all the new goodies and the amazing inspiration from all the Makers.

Let's begin with the 5" x 7" card using one of the two images from the Floral Trims stamp set. I can't begin to tell you how much I love both these images and I guarantee I will be using them lots of times in future projects.
I stamped the image from Floral Trims on to a panel of Vellum using Versamark ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat set, keeping my heat it tool moving so as not to warp the vellum. I stamped the image again on to Distress Watercolor card with Black Soot Distress Archival, coloured with Distress Watercolor Pencils and a Detailer Brush. I tore the embossed vellum into two strips and fixed to the panel using machine stitching.
I inked one of the backgrounds from Tiny Prints with a mix of Abandoned Coral and Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide inks, spritzed with water and stamped on to a panel of Distress Watercolor card.
I added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint to the panel, inked the outline circle and sentiment from Notes Quotes with Black Soot Distress Archival and stamped on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade Distress Watercolor Pencils using a Detailer Brush, fussy cut and fixed to the panel using Foam Squares.
I matted the panel on to a 5" x 7" white card blank.
I was now in the groove and decided to make a set of small notecards using the Floral Trims images as they were probably intended, stamped coming in from the edges of a card.
I stamped the images with Black Soot Distress Archival ink on to 4" square panels of Distress Watercolor card and coloured with Distress Watercolor Pencils - Fossilized Amber/Spiced Marmalade - Fossilized Amber/Vintage Photo and Barn Door/Spiced Marmalade and used Twisted Citron/Rustic Wilderness for all the leaves. I stamped the circle and square outline images and sentiments from Notes Quotes with Black Soot Distress Archival and coloured with the same colours.
I created 3 background panels using Tiny Prints inked with Barn Door/Spiced Marmalade - Fossilized Amber/Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber/Spiced Marmalade. I spritzed the stamps with water as before and stamped on to panels of Distress Watercolor card trimmed 1/8" smaller than 4.1/2" square.
I added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint to the coloured panel, fixed to the Tiny Prints panel and matted on to 4.1/2" square card blanks.


To finish I used a Sakura Black Glaze Pen to accentuate all the flower centres.

Have Fun and Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments: