Sunday, April 16, 2023

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Stencils Take Centre Stage

Hey my friends, I'm sharing the second set of cards I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous latest release. I know I say this everytime but I think this is my favourite of all Tim's releases and it was so hard to choose one particular favourite from the 6 stamp sets so, for a change, I decided to let the Layering and Everyday Art Element Stencils take centre stage and only use the stamps from Note Quotes for the sentiments. If you missed the Live you can check out all the new goodies and all the amazing inspirational makes over on Tim's YouTube Channel or Blog.


After finishing the cards I was shocked to discover that I had inadvertently deleted all the step-by-step photos from my camera, a bit of a gnashing of teeth and many unrepeatable words moment, so bear with me as I try to explain the process. I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4" and sprayed Bundled Sage Distress Spray Stain through the Brush Hex Layering Stencil on to the panel on the right. I turned the stencil over, sprayed the ink with a Distress Sprayer, laid on to the panel on the left to create a monoprint effect.
I added details (the flower, stem, dots and squares) to the backgrounds using the Everyday Art Element Stencils with Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink and a blending brush and while the ink was still wet, sprinkled randomly with Rusty Hinge Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I stamped the circle image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Note Quotes, inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink and the circle/square outlines and sentiments, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink. I added splatters of Distress Black Soot Distress Paint and sprinkled Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glazes on to the flower centres and heat set from underneath.
I repeated the stencilling process on the other 2 panels using Rusty Hinge Distress Spray Stain through the Brush Mark Layering Stencil
I stamped the circle and square images from Note Quotes, inked with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink and added the stencilled dots and squares from Everyday Art Element Stencils using Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and a blending brush. While the ink was wet I sprinkled with Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powders and heat set. I stamped the circle/square outlines and sentiments, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink.
I stencilled the flower, leaves and stars from Everyday Art Element Stencils on to Idea-ology Backdrop Vol 5 paper and fussy cut to leave a border. I sprinkled with Walnut Stain and Rusty Hinge Distress Embossing Powders, heat set from underneath and fixed to the panels with Foam Squares to add dimension. I added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint on the backgrounds.


To finish, I matted the panels on to Black KraftStock, trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to A2 white card blanks.


Have fun with whatever you are creating
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: