Friday, April 14, 2023

Simon Says - Leafy Sprig

Happy Friday my friends, I'm sharing "two for the price of one" cards made with the Leafy Sprig die from Simon Says recent Beautiful Days release, the Fancy Love die from a previous release and  Saltwater Taffy and Bundled Sage, two of my favourite Distress colours. You can find details for all the products from this release HERE.

I began by colouring  2 - A2 panels of Distress Watercolor card using Saltwater Taffy and Bundled Sage Distress Oxide inks and die-cut Simon Says Leafy Sprig repeatedly. I die-cut Simon Says Fancy Love shadow die twice from vellum, the word 3 times from Distress Watercolor card and once from the coloured background and layered to create dimension. I fixed the die-cuts to a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Kraft HeavyStock using Distress Collage Medium.
Just as I was tidying up my workdesk, ready to stamp the sentiment and add the embellishments, the left over die-cut panel sparked a "two for the price of one" lightbulb moment, so I fixed it a panel of Distress Kraft HeavyStock and trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4".
I die-cut Fancy Love again from vellum and Distress Watercolor card. I dipped the top layer into Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink, spritzed with water, layered together and fixed to the card panel.
I splattered both panels with Ground Espresso Distress Paint.
I stamped the sentiments from Simon Says Poppy Perfection, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival, on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card and trimmed with the perfect tool for some skinny strip cutting, my trusty Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine.
I fixed the sentiments in place withWaffle Flower Foam Strips, added Trinity Stamps Creamy Vanilla Heart Sprinkles, which gave me a chance to try out the fabulous Place and Pierce Embellishment Wand from Simon Says Stamp. To finish I matted the panels on to A2 white card blanks.


Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned. I'll be heading over to the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Live Launch party of the new stamps and stencils release on Tim's YouTube Channel - 9AM PT, 12 NOON ET and 5PM UK. Tim and Mario host the best parties and I'm so excited to see all the inspiration from my Maker friends, hope to see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Kath, I just love these pretty designs. The leafy cuts are gorgeous, love the splashes and love how you added colour to the love words.
    Have a happy weekend, at least we are looking at some nice warm weather.xx

    ReplyDelete