Monday, April 17, 2023

Hello Spring Etcetera Tag

Hi my friends, I decorated a Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Etcetera Tag to welcome Spring using Tim Holtz/Sizzix BrushStroke Flowers Mini, Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits and Mosaic 3D Texture Fade from the EveryDay 2023 release. This reminds me of a potting shed we had in our garden when I was a child, old and rickety with crackled peeling paint and possibly only held together by the beautiful climbing roses scrambling all over it.


I fixed one of the papers from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Backdrops Vol 5 to a Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Etcetera Tag using Distress Collage Medium and once dry, sanded the edges to neaten.
I applied Ground Espresso and Lost Shadow Distress Paint to the textured side of Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz Distress Small Brayer.I spritzed the back of the panel with water, placed in Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mosaic 3D Texture Fade and ran through my die-cutting machine. I applied Distress Grit Paste Crypt over the panel, pushing the paste into the detail with a palette knife and once the paste had dried, tore into sections and fixed to the tag using Distress Collage Medium. I applied Distress Crackle Paste randomly over the edges of the tag with a palette knife and set aside to dry.
fixed acetate behind an Idea-ology Baseboards Window Frame and applied Distress Crackle Paint Translucent to the window panes and Distress Crackle Paste Opague randomly around the frame.
I fixed Sizzix Adhesive sheet to Distress Watercolor card, die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix BrushStroke Flowers Mini Thinlits and transferred the die-cuts to Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Media Grip which will hold them in place while colouring. I coloured the die-cuts with Peeled Paint and Saltwater Taffy Distress Re-inkers using a small paintbrush, added layers of colour to add shading, dried between each application of colour and assembled.
I fixed the flowers and leaves to the Baseboard Window Frame using a hot glue gun and used a Sakura Black Glaze Pen to colour the centres of some of the flowers.
I stamped the Spring sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Spring Shadows on to a piece of acetate, inked with StazOn Jet Black. I stamped the circle from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Note Quotes over the word and again twice on to acetate, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says Cream Detail Embossing Powder, heat set and fussy cut around the circles.
I coloured a scrap of Distress Watercolor card with Saltwater Taffy Distress Re-inker, die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Bulletin, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and added the acetate circles.

I applied Antique Linen Distress Paint with my finger to an Idea-ology Large Hinge Clip, sprinkled with Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set.
I created a collage from Idea-ology Palette Ephemera, added a butterfly from Botanical Layers and fixed Snippets Ephemera randomly on the edges of the tag.
I added Idea-ology Specimen Remnant Rubs and Idea-ology Hardware Heads, coloured with Antique Linen Distress Paint.
I spritzed Idea-ology Crinkle Ribbon from my "secret vault of hoarded things" stash with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide Spray, spritzed with water, scrunched up in my hands and dried.
To finish I tied the Crinkle Ribbon in a bow and fixed to the Hinge Clip.


Happy Crafting, have fun with whatever you are making and I'll be back soon to share my DT project for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely blummin' gorgeous kath.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and creative and how nice it takes you back to your childhood x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Kath and lovely that it brought back a childhood memory

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, its so fun to keep finding pretty little nuggets to admire, just lovely

    ReplyDelete