Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Distress Paints "Back From The Vault" Collection

Hi my friends, I was over the moon when Tim Holtz and Ranger announced they were bringing back 20 colours of Distress Paints which had been previously retired.And there was more exciting news, the release of  the Multi Storage Tin which has two separate inserts to store 20 - Distress Paints, 24 - Distress Re-inker bottles or 20 - Mini Distress Sprays. A big thank you to Tim and Ranger for making this organisation obsessed crafter very happy.

decided I wanted to create a project using all 20 of the Distress Paints but hey 20 colours on one sheet of card was probably going to end up looking like a hot mess. But thanks to my plans for a weekend in the garden being scuppered by heavy rain on Saturday and Sunday, I headed to the cubbyhole with flowers on my mind and had the most fun production line adventure showcasing all 20 delicious colours using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Botanicals, Floral Trims and Noteworthy stamp sets.
I began by adding a small drop of the first 4 colours to my Glass Media Mat
spread with my Tim Holtz Distress Medium Brayer to create an ombre effect
and applied to the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Botanicals stamp
I stamped the image on to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card and brayered the rest of the paint on to a second panel.
I repeated this process with the other 4 sets of Distress Paints.
I trimmed all the panels to 4" x 5.1/4" using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer.
I stamped the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Noteworthy, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival ink.
I stamped more sentiments from Noteworthy on to strips of Distress Black HeavyStock, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Embossing Powder, heat set and trimmed with Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Mini Trimmer. Nothing beats having the right tools for the job.
I fixed the embossed sentiment strips in place with Simon Says Foam Squares to create dimension and matted the panels on to white card blanks trimmed to A2 using the mighty Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Rotary Media Trimmer.
Here are the photos of the different colour combinations using all 5 sets of the Back From The Vault Distress Paint Collection. These were quick to make and would make a perfect gift for a non-crafting friend.



I love all the colour combos but I have to say this one is my favourite
Have fun and happy crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. looks like great fun ! lovely cards
    greetings, martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards Kath and such stunning colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really simple and effective and so beautiful xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those distressed inks really do work so well what lovely cards x

    ReplyDelete