Thursday, October 19, 2023

Happy Autumn

Hello my friends, Autumn has definitely arrived, the leaves are changing colour and I was inspired by the fallen leaves in my garden to make an autumn themed card using Simon Says Stamp Criss Cross Floral Embossing Folder, Windswept Leaves and Happy Autumn dies.

I smooshed Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Crackling Campfire and Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and pulled Distress Watercolor card, trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4", through the inks and dried. I then tapped the panel back into the inks to pick up the remaining droplets.
I spritzed the back of the panel with water and embossed using Simon Says Criss Cross Floral Embossing Folder and once dry, sanded the detail using Tim Holtz Sanding Disks with a mini round blending tool. I die-cut Simon Says Stamp Windswept Leaves from Distress Watercolor card and coloured with Peeled Paint and Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide inks using Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes.
I die-cut Simon Says Happy Autumn from Distress Watercolor card. I coloured the shadow section with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink and fixed to the panel along with the Windswept Leaves using Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut the Happy Autumn words 4 times from Distress Watercolor card and layered to create a dimensional sentiment.
I coloured the top layer with Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide ink to create an ombre effect and fixed the sentiment to the shadow section using Distress Collage Medium.
I matted the panel to an A2 white card blank and added Trinity Stamps Coffee Bean Heart Sprinkles.


Happy Crafting whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kath love the dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumnal card, really gorgeous, the colours and everything are just stunning Kath. xx

    ReplyDelete