Thursday, October 26, 2023

Winter Wishes

H my friends, it's been an "All Seasons" kind of a week, not only weatherwise but also in the cubbyhole. I started off the week making table decorations for my Halloween Witches Pumpkin party and had lots of fun glittering all the things with my Limited Edition Tim Holtz/Ranger Big Daddy bottle of Distress Rock Candy Glitter.

Then I moved on to Winter and created a card using the Willow Snowflake and Winter Village dies from Simon Says Stamp Season of Wonder release. I used Tim Holtz/Ranger Wonderland and Ominous Twilight Distress Mica Stains to colour the snowflakes and add splatters to the background and sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Festive Print.
I trimmed Simon Says Black Cardstock to 4" x 5.1/4" and added splatters of Wonderland Distress Mica Stain and White Gesso.
I die cut Simon Says Willow Snowflake from Distress Watercolor card and pressed into puddles of Wonderland and Ominous Twilight Distress Mica Stains which I spritzed with water.
Intricate die cuts can be a bit fiddly diddly to adhere and the thought of adding small drops of glue from a fine tip applicator to each teeny section of these snowflakes didn't fill me with joy so I'm sharing what works best for me. I squeeze Distress Collage Medium on to my Glass Media Mat, spread the adhesive out with my finger, pick up the die cut with tweezers and tap repeatedly into the adhesive.
I inked the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Festive Print with Versamark ink, stamped on to scraps of Simon Says Black cardstock, sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set. I trimmed the sentiments using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine, the perfect tool for the job and fixed the sentiments in place with black foam squares to create dimension.
I added Trinity Stamps White Frosty Snowflakes Sprinkles
To finish, I die-cut the house and trees from Distress Watercolor card using Simon Says CZ Design Winter Village, fixed on top of the sentiment strip using black foam squares and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.


I'll be back tomorrow to share another wintry card using the same products. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment