Friday, October 6, 2023

Simon Says - Season Of Wonder Blog Hop - Day 1

Hi my friends, welcome to my stop on Day 1 of the Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop to celebrate the Season of Wonder release.  I'm thrilled to be joining lots of talented friends and designers to share inspiration using products from this fabulous release.

You can check out all the products from this release over at Simon Says Stamp HERE

Simon Says Stamp has a blog hop exclusive give-away, the Graceful Holly Embossing Folder is FREE with any purchase of $25 or more, just enter the code HOLLY when you checkout. This promotion is valid until 8th October at 11.59 PM EDT or while supplies last.

Simon Says are also giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop so make sure you leave a comment on each participant's blog to be in with a chance of winning. The winners will be chosen and posted on Simon Says Stamp Blog on Wednesday 11th October, and if you are a lucky winner, you can e-mail Simon Says Stamp to claim your prize.

If you arrived from the very talented Tina Smith, you are in the right place but if you happen to get lost along the way, you will find a list of participants at the end of this post to help you get back on track.

I created an  Autumn theme card using the gorgeous Free Falling Floral Embossing Folder, coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor pencils for a muted look and the Happy Autumn die for the sentiment.

I spritzed an A2 panel of Distress Kraft HeavyStock with water and embossed using Simon Says Free Falling Floral Embossing Folder.
I coloured the embossed areas using my Distress Watercolor Pencils palette and a Distress Detailer Brush. I used Picket Fence, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain to colour the flowers and Antique Linen and Iced Spruce on the leaves to create a soft muted look. Once dry, I used the Walnut Stain Distress Watercolor Pencil to define the stems.
I added splatters of Walnut Stain direct from the palette and Mulled Cider Distress Mica Stain to add a little bit of Autumnal shimmer.
I die-cut the Happy Autumn sentiment 4 times from Distress Watercolor card, layered to create dimension, used a mini round blending tool with Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink to create an ombre  look on the top layer and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium.
I matted the panel on to Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink using the direct to paper method. I splattered Distress Resist Spray over the panel, sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set. I used a Sakura Black Glaze pen to highlight the flower centres and fixed to a 5" x 6.1/4" white card blank.


I'm off to make a cuppa, find a comfy sofa and enjoy visiting all the other makers on the hop. Make sure to check out Simon Says Stamp Blog tomorrow for Day 2 of the Blog Hop and more inspiration. Did you know that Simon Says Stamp has galleries for all their releases and you can share what you make with the Season of Wonder products HERE.
Hugs Kath xxx

84 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fall card. You have used so many Tim Holtz techniques that I have on my list to learn. I love the look of the watercolors over this gorgeous embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is juist fabulous! My favorite so far!!! I must give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The colored embossed card stock is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Kath! Thank you for sharing your color choices so we can recreate this lovely card ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I am in love with this card! I need to hit the craft room now and try all of this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kraft-iness Autumn beauty.
    Melissa
    "SunshineHoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking! Your eye for colors is amazing! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! WOW!! W*O*W!!!!!!! Absolutely Stunning card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding me! That looks AMAZING. I didn't know you could get that much opacity with the watercolour pencils. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Your card is stunning! One of my all-time favorite cards, not just for this Hop, but overall in our stamping family! Congrats to your creativity. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh great! Now I might need to get some of the watercolour pencils(: Thanks for inspiring yet another purchase LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't been inspired awhile to create but your techniques today really knocked my socks off and I can't wait to try them. You've really made a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is just fabulous! Beautiful coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning - I had no idea that this was an embossing folder. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Fantastic coloring.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your card is stunning. The coloring is so pretty on the kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is gorgeous!!! The colors are right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your autumn flowers and colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! This is beautiful! I love the way the watercolor pencils show on the embossed kraft and how the mica stain adds a bit of shimmer! A beautiful autumn card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saved commenting on this until last because this is my favorite of all the cards. I love everything about it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the color choices here! It just gives you the warmth and dignity of Fall. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, wow and WOW!! An absolutely stunning card and those colours - so, so beautiful!! Frame worthy - a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW - I love how you made the flowers pop - awesome technique - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have no other words than GORGEOUS! I LOVE this card! Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty card. It looks almost vintage with a updated vibe. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card just blows me away. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card, Kath. The flowers remind me so much of the flowers in my wedding bouquet. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The kraft cardstock looks so good for this card. The painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely stunning! So lovely! Exceptional coloring and that folder is going to get another look from me now.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous flowers.
    i really like the use of the Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful detailed embossing folder , and you created a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely stunning. Beautiful work. Love the kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic job on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Always been a big fan of your art from Tim,s blog. You never disappoint

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous autumn card! I love the design and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, wow! I'm definitely going to try the technique of Distress watercolor pencils on kraft! It really turned out so lovely! Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a stunning card Kath the floral images coloured are done to perfection almost lifelike x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a pretty card. Your colours are perfect for fall. I love the great design of the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous!! I love how soft and muted the colors are and the splatters pull everything together. I want to try the watercolor pencils now!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a work of art! It's absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hands down the best card!! Love the colors, love that you used the watercolor pencils...love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This card is just incredibly gorgeous! I love the muted colors and everything else about it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow! This is more than a card, it's a piece of art. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is gorgeous - I'm trying the technique right now!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is the 2nd card I've seen made with this embossing folder. One was Christmas and now yours is fall. This is absolutely lovely. Fall colors are grand. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous! Love the cardstock color and the flowers are done so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  50. what a beautiful card with the 3-D embossed panel that you colored with your distress watercolor crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful card and I love the color choice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful card and use of the distress pencils and inks.

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is my favorite card so far. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh Kath, beautiful painting with the watercolours. such a lovely card. The recipient will be so lucky to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh what a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  56. This card is just gorgeous! I love your use of the watercolor pencils. Your talent is obvious from color choices to the beautiful coloring. I just love the mica stain spritz.

    ReplyDelete
  57. An absolutely gorgeous card. It is so beautiful and I love your choice of sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow! I love the watercolor on this craft paper!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I LOVE this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow so many great cards and options with this release! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Absolutely stunning Kath. Love the effect of the pencils on kraft, such a gorgeous finish. A striking and beautiful creation xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous card, beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  63. These are so pretty in these neutral colors.

    ReplyDelete