Friday, October 20, 2023

Hello November

Hello my friends, I don't know about you but it's hard to believe how the fast the months are flying by, we're heading towards November already and before we know it'll be CHRISTMAS. In the meantime, I'm hunkered down in the cubbyhole riding out the latest storm to hit my neck of the woods, high winds and torrential rain is causing havoc, trees down everywhere, rivers bursting their banks, it's definitely stay at home and craft "don't travel unless you absolutely have to" weather. I'm back to share another autumn theme card using Simon Says Stamp Criss Cross Floral Embossing Folder with Mushroom Stems, Leafy Sprig and Scripty Hello dies. 

I used the Twisted Citron and Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide ink pads to apply colour to Simon Says Criss Cross Floral Embossing Folder, spritzed with water and embossed on to a panel of Distress Watercolor card, trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4". I die-cut Simon Says Leafy Sprig and Mushroom Stems from Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Rusty Hinge, Crackling Campfire and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks using Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes and added splatters of Ground Espresso Distress Paint.
I fixed the Leafy Sprigs and Mushroom Stems to the panel using Distress Collage Medium and added splatters of Unravelled Distress Mica Stain.
I die-cut Simon Says CZ Designs Scripty Hello 3 times from black card, layered to create dimension, fixed to the panel and added a sticker from an old Tim Holtz/Idea-ology ChitChat sticker book. I added Ground Espresso Distress Ink around the edges using a mini round blending tool and fixed to an A2 white card blank.



Enjoy your weekend and stay safe if the weather is crazy where you are.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kath, gorgeous colours and I just love the mushrooms.
    Stay safe, I saw on the news people being evacuated somewhere in Scotland..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and again creative card Kath love those toad stools and yes the months are really going by so quickly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath, this is a beautiful card. I love the warm Autumnal colours in this card. I was thinking of you, seeing the flooding and wild coastal onslaught from the storm on the news and hope you and yours stay safe from this horrendous wet weather and winds from storm Babette.

    ReplyDelete