Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello my friends, I'm wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day with a card made using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Lovebirds Thinlits and Stampers Anonymous Love Notes and of course, we couldn't leave out Scorched Timber, the newest colour to join the Distress Palette.

I began by colouring 2 - 8.5" x 11" sheets of Distress Watercolor card with Scorched Timber Distress Spray Stain and trimmed down to create A2 panels.
I selected one of the panels, the others will be stored in my backgrounds box for future projects and applied Distress Texture Paste Crackle through the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Hearts Mini Layering Stencil from Set 6.
While I waited for the paste to dry and the magic crackle to appear, I stamped various hearts from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Love Notes, inked with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide, on to one of the Scorched Timber panels and fussy cut.
I die-cut the bird and branch from another section of the panel using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vault Lovebirds Thinlits and added shading to darken with Scorched Timber Distress Ink using a Tiny Blending Tool.
I fixed the hearts and branch to the panel with Distress Collage Medium, the bird popped up on foam squares to create dimension and added a heart to the bird, die-cut from a scrap of card coloured with Lumberjack Plaid, using the Vault Lovebirds Thinlits. I added an Idea-ology Heart Charm, an old discontinued favourite, hanging from red thread.
I stamped the sentiments from Love Notes, inked with Versamark ink, on to a scrap of Distress Black HeavyStock, sprinkled with Ranger White Detail Embossing Powder, heat set, trimmed out the words to complete the sentiment and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut "14" from a scrap of the Lumberjack Plaid card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Lower Case Thinlits. To finish I matted the panel on to white card, trimmed 1/8" larger, coloured with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink using the direct to paper technique and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.


Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments: