Friday, February 23, 2024

Thinking Of You

Happy Friday my friends, we are heading for the last week of February already and the weather has turned very springlike in my neck of the woods. I'm sharing another card made with the Mix and Match Butterflies and Single Mix and Match Butterflies die from Simon Says March Card Kit. You can check out the contents of this fabulous, great value for money kit or purchase individual items from the kit HERE


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 3.3/4" x 5" and coloured by smooshing Peacock Feathers, Uncharted Mariner and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, tapped the panel into the inks repeatedly and dried between layers.
I inked the butterfly from Simon Says Mix and Match Butterflies with Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink and stamped randomly over the background. I used the matching die from the Single Mix and Match Butterflies to cut an aperture.
I fixed the panel to white card, inked through the aperture and just over the edges to create shading on the background, with Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink using a domed foam blending tool. I flicked on water and dried.
I stamped the butterfly on to vellum, inked with Simon Says White Pigment Ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I fussy cut around the butterfly and fixed over the aperture, applying glue only to the centres of the wings. I stamped, heat embossed the butterfly body in the same way, die-cut with the matching die from the Single Mix and Match Butterflies die set, fixed in place and coloured using Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink applied with a Detailer Water Brush.

To finish I stamped the sentiment on to a strip of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder, heat set and fixed to the bottom of the panel. I also stamped a flower from the stamp set, fussy cut, coloured in the same way as the butterfly body and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I added Pawsitively Cool Tones Dazzling Gems and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: