Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Just Saying Hi

Hello my friends, I'm back to share another card using the Dibble Tile Embossing Folder and Single Mix and Match Butterflies die set from Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit - Mix and Match Butterflies, indulging my obsession with Scorched Timber, the newest colour to join the Distress Family. You can check out the contents of this fabulous, great value for money kit or purchase individual items from the kit HERE


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", coloured with Spun Sugar and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks, spritzed the back of the panel with water, placed in the Dibble Tile Embossing Folder and ran through my die-cutting machine. I lightly dragged the Scorched Timber Distress Oxide ink pad over the panel to accentuate the embossed detail.
I die-cut the butterfly wings and body from Distress Watercolor using the Single Mix and Match Butterflies die set, coloured the wings lightly and the body heavily with Scorched Timber Distress Oxide ink using a Distress Tiny Blending Tool and flicked on water to create splatters. I inked one of the small flower images from the Mix and Match Butterflies stamp set with Scorched Timber Distress Ink and stamped randomly over the butterfly wings. I fixed the butterfly wings and body in place with Simon Says Precision Crafty Tacky Glue.
I stamped the sentiment, inked with Scorched Timber Distress Ink, on to a torn strip of Vellum, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I folded the vellum around the panel and fixed with adhesive tape. I stamped the flower images on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival, coloured with Spun Sugar and Scorched Timber Distress Watercolor Pencils, die-cut with the matching dies and fixed to the vellum with Precision Craft Tacky Glue. To finish I added Simon Says Cool Tones Pawsitively Dazzling Gems and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.
Did you know that Simon Says have updated their subscription service for the monthly card kits giving customers even MORE savings and lots of perks. For more details, enter 41721 into the search box on Simon Says website or check out this step-by-step guide to understanding the monthly card kit subscription HERE
Happy Crafting and have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: