Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Simon Says - Sweet Birthday June Card Kit

Hello my friends, it's the 14th day of the month, the day that Simon Says Stamp reveals their monthly card kit and the Sweet Birthday June Card Kit is full to bursting with lots of fabulous goodies for celebrating birthdays. The kit is available to purchase HERE or if you wish you can also purchase individual items from the kit. If you don't already subscribe to Simon Says Stamp card kits, there are many benefits, savings and perks from signing up and you can find all the details HERE.


I created a card using the Sweet Birthday 6" x 8" stamp set from the kit, because who doesn't love cupcakes.

I smooshed a Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink pad on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and tapped an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card into the ink repeatedly and dried between layers to create a soft background. I stamped the sentiments from the Sweet Birthday 6" x 8" stamp set on to the panel, inked with Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink.
I inked the cupcake bases and frosted toppings with Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink and stamped on to Strathmore Bristol Smooth White cardstock.
I coloured the cupcakes using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and die-cut using Simon Says Sweet Birthday Single Cupcake die set included in the kit. I stamped the dots/sprinkles on to the background, inked with Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink, fixed the bases in place with Distress Collage Medium and popped the frosted toppings up with foam squares to create dimension.

I added a thin layer of Distress Collage Medium to the swirls on the frosting and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter to add some birthday sparkle. I coated the cherry with Ranger Glossy Accents and added Trinity Stamps Sweet Strawberry Heart Sprinkles.
To finish I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", matted on to Simon Says Chocolate cardstock trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank scored and folded from the Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock included in the kit.

I'll be back soon to share more makes with this sweet card kit, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Such yummy looking cup cakes, fabulous cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card the cup cakes look so edible yummy x

    ReplyDelete