Friday, February 6, 2015

Marooned...

Hi folks...there's been even more snow in my little corner of the planet meaning the first task of the day is removing the snowy blanket from the car and being a bit challenged in the old height department...it's an acrobatic nightmare of epic proportions balancing on the door sills to reach the middle of the roof...
I can't believe how many folks set off without properly clearing the snow from their cars...OK it is a bit of a chore on a cold chilly morning but believe me if the snow from the roof slides down your windscreen whilst you're travelling at speed in heavy traffic...forget about the wipers coming to your assistance...it could well be game over.
And our daily doggy strolls have turned into a bit of a slippery slidey adventure for this two legged human whilst my "cloth ears" snow buddy aka the Champion Forager isn't going to let a little bit of snow stop his quest to sniff out anything remotely edible leaving his Mum stamping her feet trying to keep cosy...

and with more white stuff forecast...it looks like we could be marooned in the cubbyhole for a while...no hardship really when you have new goodies to play with and a fun project to keep me busy in the evenings...yes...I can watch TV and knit at the same time....I'm a girl.
but I have a hot date with the hairdresser today so once the car is cleared...fingers crossed I can successfully negotiate our icy lunar landscape street again...if not it will have to be Shanks' Pony.
Hugs Kath xxx