Thursday, April 9, 2015

That was the week that was...

Hi folks...it's been a busy busy week but not in the cubbyhole...I can't believe I haven't stepped over the threshold of my crafty space since last Saturday...I've been otherwise engaged spending time with the grandkiddies and chilling out in the garden taking advantage of the beautiful sunny weather...let's face it folks this could be Summer...perhaps the only Summer we are going to get and I wasn't going to miss it. But it wasn't all feet up and drinking coffee...
Winter has taken it's toll on the garden and it was time to work some magic with the power washer and get my favourite outdoor coffee stop looking spick and span again...
the only problem is...there's the rest of the garden to tackle and just like painting the Forth Rail Bridge...it's a never ending "keep on top of the weeds" task...time to rid the garage wall of it's overcoat of ivy...
and crikey that was a job and a half...requiring many many trips to the skip and pruning back the clematis so that the trellis can get a tidy up paint job...
 scarifying the lawn and more trips to the skip...
a quick alfresco lunch...
and tidying up the edges ready for another fun day with the power washer today...
but remind me not to garden wearing a good pair of jeans...
and it's been far too warm for my furry helper...wall to wall sunshine and a super insulated duvet coat do not go well together so the Furry Boy took himself off indoors to supervise proceedings from the comfort of a big cushion...
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx