Thursday, May 24, 2018

I'm in love with Botanical...

Hi folks, I'm back to share another card made with the Botanical 3D Texture Fade using a faux letterpress technique and I have to say I'm love with these 3D Texture Fades, the detail and texture is just so amazing.
I inked up the flat debossed side of the Texture Fade with Antique Distress Oxide ink, placed Distress Watercolor card in the folder and ran it 3 times (as recommended by Tim) through my Big Shot. The ink transfers to the background and leaves the raised detail white. I inked around the edge with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide and added splatters with the same color. I coloured scraps of  Distress Watercolor card with Walnut Stain and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxides and die cut the flowers and leaves using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Funky Florals 1 and Garden Greens Thinlits.
I spritzed the panel with Distress Resist Spray which creates a slightly textured sheen which unfortunately doesn't show up in the photos. I then added Idea-ology Design Tape Chatter, Small Talk Occasions stickers and glossy accents to the centres of the flowers.

I have one more Botanical card to share with you tomorrow, 
In the meantime Happy Crafting.
Hugs Kath xxx