Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Simon Says Stamp - May Card Kit

Hi folks, can you believe it's the 1st of May already and before you ask I won't be dashing out to wash my face in the supposedly magical elixir of youth May Dew. Instead I'll be playing with the fabulous May Card Kit "Kind Heart" from Simon Says Stamp.
I've been stalking my poor postie, waiting impatiently for it to arrive and oh boy I was not disappointed...
I'm amazed at the amount of product in this kit, a bumper great value for money box of fabulousness. No surprise that the kit has sold out, but some of the products, such as the stamps sets, stickers and Heart die are still available to buy separately HERE.
I love the big scripty sentiments and  flowers in the Everything Together 6" x 8" stamp set and although I'm not normally an epoxy/puffy sticker person, I had great fun putting together quick and easy fun contemporary cards using the gorgeous hearts from the Pink Fresh Studio "Let Your Heart Decide" sheets that came in the kit and will be sharing more cards throughout the week.
I die cut a panel from one of the Smoke cards included in the kit using Simon Says Stamp Wonky Rectangles. I stamped the sentiment from Everything Together with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder. I stamped one of the flowers from the stamp set with Versamark ink on the panel to give a tone on tone effect. I then stamped more flowers on to SSS using SSS Fog, Duckling and Intense Black ink and cut out leaving a white border. I stamped the dots from the stamp set in the centres and doodled a criss cross pattern on the black flowers with a Sharpie Fine Point Black pen. I layered some of the flowers up on 3D foam, added Pink Fresh Studio Epoxy Hearts and added Glossy Accents to the centres of the flowers.

For the second card, I die cut a panel from SSS White card again using Wonky Rectangles, trimmed down one of the papers from the Pink Fresh Studio 6" x 6"paper pad and stamped the sentiment with SSS Intense Black ink. I stamped the large flower with SSS White Pigment ink and the smaller flowers with SSS Melon, included in the kit, on to the panel. I stamped the flowers and leaves from Everything Together on to SSS White Card with SSS Duckling, Green Apple and Intense Black, cut them out and stamped a black dot in the centres.

I layered the flowers up with 3D foam, added Glossy Accents to the centres and Pink Fresh Studio "Let Your Heart Decide" Epoxy and Puffy Hearts.
I'll be back tomorrow to share another two cards, in the meantime, have fun whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx