Wednesday, May 23, 2018

It's Back To The Day Job...

Hi folks, we've been enjoying almost 3 weeks of glorious spring sunshine in my neck of the woods and the cubbyhole crew have been spending much of that time outdoors, with one member doing lots of this...
this...
and this...
while the other member has been enjoying lots of days out with her lady who lunches hat on and of course, it goes without saying, we finished off the week by taking time out to enjoy the Royal Wedding and wasn't it amazing.

So I could hardly complain about waking up yesterday to a bit of light drizzle, a little reminder that it was time I was back in my happy place for some playtime with the FABULOUS 3D Texture Fades and Distress Blending Brushes from our adorable Professor...
If you're like me and inclined to rush in where angels fear to tread, I would highly recommend that you watch Tim's video for lots of 3D Texture Fade Embossing helpful hints and tips before you dive in.

and here's the first of many cards I suspect using beautiful Botanical
 I embossed Botanical on to Distress Watercolor card, coloured the amazing texture with Distress Oxide inks using the Distress Blending Brushes and added a generous splattering of Distress Resist Spray.

I die cut flowers from white and black cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Wildflowers Thinlits and added Idea-ology Small Talk Occasions Stickers.
and check out that TEXTURE, amazing...amazing...amazing.
I'll be back tomorrow to share another Botanical card, in the meantime, have fun whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx