Wednesday, February 10, 2021

It's All About Perspective

Hi my friends, Winter has arrived with a vengeance in my neck of the woods which means lots of snow shovelling, clearing a path to the front door for the postie and digging the car out of the driveway for a trip to my local M&S to stock up on supplies and even with winter tyres, that was an exciting, sliding all over the place - high gear, low revs -adventure there and back. But let's keep things in perspective, it's winter and it's no surprise that there might be a snowfall or two, the problem is we've become complacent after so many mild winters.And Mother Nature has a way of biting you on the bum, 10 minutes later, snowing heavily and I'm back to square one.  I'm not as young as I used to be and had forgotten what a back breaking chore clearing snow is, so I'm going down the route of my sweet friend Mario and have ordered a snowblower from Amazon, sadly not arriving until Saturday but it looks like it's going to be a fun snowblowing weekend and before you ask, I won't be dressed in shorts, like Mario.In the meantime, I've been marooned in the cubbyhole making backgrounds with my new love, Kitsch Flamingo, the latest colour to join the Distress Family and it was time to create a cover for my 2021 notebook using the beautiful Perspective Butterfly from Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2021 Chapter 1 release. Keeping it simple on this "will be used every day" aide-memoire.

I already had the Perspective Butterfly die-cut from Distress Watercolor card coloured with Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Spray Stain and Wild Honey Distress Oxide Spray.
and heat embossed with Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Glazes.
Decisions...Decisions, which background is it going to be?
I chose this one. I smooshed Kitsch Flamingo, Mustard Seed and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and laid the panel on to the inks, dried and then tapped back into the remaining ink droplets repeatedly, dried between layers until I was happy with the background.
I inked the text from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Faded Type with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Ink, stamped randomly on the background and heat embossed with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Embossing Glaze.
I stamped the other text image from Faded Type inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink. I smooshed the Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink pad randomly over the Perspective Butterfly, sprinkled with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set. I fixed the butterfly in place with Distress Collage Medium and trimmed off the excess.
I inked the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Tiny Text with Versamark ink, stamped on to a thin strip of  Distress Black Alcohol Ink Cardstock, heat embossed with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I trimmed the panel down to 4.1/4" x 6.3/4", matted on to white cardstock, trimmed to leave a thin border and fixed to my notebook.


Have fun with whatever you're making and I'll be back soon with projects made with the remaining Kitsch Flamingo backgrounds and more Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 1 Thinlits.
Hugs Kath xxx