Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Chapter 1 - Cafe Colorize Planner

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the planner I made for the YouTube Live launch of Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2021 Chapter 1 release covered with Tim Holtz fabric and decorated using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Cafe Colorize and Stretch Lower Thinlits.  This is similiar to the one I made for myself with the Perspective Butterfly but is top folding instead of side folding. If you missed the Live launch, pop over to Tim's Blog HERE where you can check out the whole collection, watch the YouTube Live and see all the amazing inspirational makes listed under each Maker.



I began by trimming Sizzix Mat Board to create two covers measuring 6" x 8" and a strip 3/4" wide for the spine, held together with Book Binding Tape leaving a small gap between the spine and covers to allow for closure. I fixed the covers to a panel of Tim Holtz fabric using Distress Collage Medium Matte, folded over the raw edges, mitred the corners and added another coat of Distress Collage Medium Matte on both sides.


To decorate the front cover, I die-cut the wording from brown Classic KraftStock using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stretch Lower Thinlits.
I added a panel of Distress Watercolor card coloured by spritzing with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Sprays, trimmed with Tim Holtz Deckle Edge Trimmer, darkened the edges of the panel with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte. I die-cut the coffee cup from Idea-ology Classic Kraftstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Cafe Colorize Thinlits.
I added the die-cut words, Idea-ology Milk Caps and Big Chat Stickers and gave the cover a coat of Distress Collage Medium to protect it from marks and stains.
I covered the inside with panels of Distress Kraft HeavyStock and added a pocket constructed from Distress Kraft HeavyStock covered with fabric. I added Idea-ology Milk Caps and Small Talk Snarky Stickers and again applied a coat of Distress Collage Medium Matte over the inside covers. I tucked Idea-ology Journal Cards into the pocket and fixed the planner (which I purchased from my local pound store) in place.






I'll be back soon to share more makes with Chapter 1, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx