Friday, February 19, 2021

Another Card, Another Excuse

Hi my friends, it's Friday already and the weekend beckons. I'm sharing another card made using the Heart Garden Cling Stamp from Simon Says Stamp Love You, Too release and Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Hexagon Thinlits to create a spotlight effect and another excuse to play with Kitsch Flamingo, the newest member of the Distress Family, as if I ever needed an excuse to indulge my passion for all things Distress.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to create a 5" square panel and created a simple quick to make background by smooshing Kitsch Flamingo and Spiced Marmalade on to the craft mat of my Glass Media Mat and did the, familiar by now, spritzing with water etc etc technique.
I masked off the top and side edges of the panel and stamped Simon Says Stamp Heart Garden Cling Stamp inked with Intense Black ink. The masking turned out to be unnecessary as I had a change of "heart" and went down a different road.I masked off  sections of the sentiment stamp, inked, removed the tape and stamped at the top and bottom of the panel.
I stamped the Heart Garden Cling Stamp a second time on Distress Watercolor card and die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Hexagon Thinlits.
I inked the edges of the hexagons with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool and fixed in place, matching up the pattern, using Distress Collage Medium Matte to create a spotlight effect. I coloured the hearts and leaves on the hexagons only with Kitsch Flamingo and Bundled Sage Distress Re-inkers using a Distress Detailer Brush.
I added splatters of Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink using Tim Holtz Splatter Brush
I trimmed the panel down to 4.3/4" square and added Glossy Accents to each heart which seemed to create a two tone blended effect which was unintentional and a bit of a fluke.
I fussy cut one heart from the previously stamped background, coloured with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Re-inker, fixed in place on the bottom hexagon with Distress Collage Medium and added Glossy Accents.
To finish I matted the panel to a 5" square white card blank
Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. I'll be heading over to Tim and Mario's place at 5.00pm tomorrow for another fun Saturday night YouTube Live party and then woohoo, we have another YouTube Live, the launch of the new Tim Holtz products from Ranger, to look forward to on Monday 22 February. In the meantime, top of today's to-do list is a visit to my local M&S Food Store to stock up on those all-important YouTube Live snacks and a cheeky bottle or two of something to wash them down.

Hugs Kath xxx