Saturday, February 13, 2021

Some Bunny Loves You

Happy Saturday my friends, I'm sharing a Valentine's card using the adorable Oliver Colorize and Funky Nature Thinlits from the Tim Holtz/Sizzix 2021 Chapter 1 release along with one of my favourite Thinlits alphabets, Alphanumeric Label.


I began by fixing Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to Distress Watercolor card and die-cut all the pieces required for Oliver and the foliage from Funky Nature. Using the adhesive sheets means even the smallest pieces stay in their space which, for me,  makes colouring so much easier. I smooshed a variety of green Distress Inks on to the craft mat of my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and laid each Funky Nature panel of card into the inks, dried and then tapped back in to pick up the remaining ink droplets. I smooshed the Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat, removed each individual die-cut from the adhesive sheet, tapped into the inks repeatedly to add more colour, drying between layers.I coloured the white Oliver die-cuts with Hickory Smoke and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks using a mini round blending tool to add soft shading and assembled following the indent marks left on each die-cut.I created a soft background on Distress Watercolor card trimmed to 5.1/2" x 8.1/2" by smooshing Kitsch Flamingo Distress Ink and Kitsch Flamingo, Speckled Egg and Shabby Shutters Distress Oxide Inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat and repeated the familiar by now process of tapping repeatedly back into the inks and drying the layers until I was happy with the background..I trimmed the panel in half to make A2 backgrounds (two for the price of one) fixed the grass die-cut from the Oliver Colorize Thinlits, the Funky Nature die-cuts and the adorable Oliver himself in place.

I die-cut the sentiment from Idea-ology BlackOut KraftStock using Alphanumeric Label Thinlits, added hearts die-cut using Falling Hearts Thinlits to replace the letter "O", fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and added Glossy Accents to the hearts and Oliver's cut button nose.I matted the panel to Distress Watercolor card coloured with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink, trimmed to leave a small border and fixed to a white card blank.



Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow from Oliver and me.
Hugs Kath xxx