Thursday, February 11, 2021

You Are Just My Cup Of Tea

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a card which could be for Valentine's Day or just to say how happy I am to welcome Kitsch Flamingo to the Distress Family using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bubbling and Cafe Colorize Thinlits from the 2021 Chapter 1 release, along with Falling Hearts and Alphanumeric Label Thinlits from a previous release and Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Heart.


I began by fixing Stick-It Adhesive Sheet to Distress Watercolor card and die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bubbling Thinlits and pulled the card through a puddle of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink, sprayed with water to dilute to a wash. I cleaned off the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, smooshed the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide again and tapped the card into the ink to pick up the ink droplets. I fixed Stick-It Adhesive to a scrap of Distress Watercolor Card and coloured with Kitsch Flamingo Distress and Distress Oxide ink using the same method.
I die-cut using Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Heart Wafer Thin die
I used the negative die-cut to paper piece the sections of the Rainbow Heart into place on the background.
I die-cut the teacup from Distress Watercolor card, coloured with Kitsch Flamingo and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks, using mini round blending tools and assembled, following the indent marks on the die-cut. I fixed the teacup in place with Sizzix Foam Adhesive to create dimension.
I fixed Stick-It Adhesive Sheet to a scrap of brown Idea-ology Classic KraftStock, die-cut the sentiment using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Label Thinlits, fixed to the die-cut heart and a strip of left over card and trimmed to make a fishtail banner.
I die-cut hearts from the same card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Falling Hearts Thinlits and added to the heart and teacup.
I finished by matting the panel on to brown Idea-ology Classic KraftStock, trimmed to leave a small border and matted on to a white card blank.



I'll be back soon to share more projects made with the Chapter 1 release, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx