Hello my friends, I'm super excited to be joining lots of creative friends in a special Blog Hop to celebrate the exclusive release from Simon Says Stamp of 6 new sets of dies to co-ordinate with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamps. You can check out the release HERE.
I used Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous The Scarecrow and Simon Says Stamp co-ordinating dies to create a spooky moonlit cornfield scene on a Mini Etcetera Tag.
I trimmed Tim Holtz/Idea-ology French Industrial paper to 4.5" x 8", smooshed Black Soot and Twisted Citron on to my craft mat, spritzed with water and tapped the paper into the inks, repeatedly, drying between layers. If you don't have this paper in your stash, any neutral paper from Halloween Backdrops would work too, linked below.

I fixed the paper to the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Etcetera Tag using Distress Collage Medium and a Collage Brush. I sanded the edges to neaten and applied Black Soot Distress Paint using a Mini Round Blending Tool. I stamped the bats and scarecrow (to help with placement) inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. I stamped the moon on to Distress Watercolor card inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, die-cut using Simon Says Stamp The Scarecrow co-ordinating dies shaded the centre die cut of the moon with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink using a Detailer Waterbrush, fixed in place with Simon Says Stamp Thin 3D Foam Squares to create dimension and added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint over the tag.
I stamped the scarecrow on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I inked the cornstalks with a mix of Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness and Gathered Twigs, spritzed with water and stamped on to Distress Watercolor card. I coloured the scarecrow using the same Distress Oxide inks and a Detailer Waterbrush. I stamped the grass section of the scarecrow twice more, coloured, die-cut and used creative surgery to remove the scarecrow.I die-cut using the Simon Says Stamp The Scarecrow co-ordinating dies and added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint to the corn stalks.I fixed the first layer of corn stalks to the tag using Distress Collage Medium. I tapped Distress Collage Medium with my finger over the bottom of the tag and pressed Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Mummy Cloth in place.I added the Scarecrow and the remaining corn stalks and grass sections using Simon Says Stamp Thin 3D Foam Squares.I stamped the sentiment from The Scarecrow inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder, heat set, coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink using a Detailer Waterbrush, die-cut and fixed to the tag with Thin 3D Foam Squares.
If you arrived here from the amazing Barbara Tarayao's blog, you are in the right place but if you got lost a long the way, you can jump right back on to the hop using the links below
I stamped the scarecrow on to Distress Watercolor card, inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. I inked the cornstalks with a mix of Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness and Gathered Twigs, spritzed with water and stamped on to Distress Watercolor card. I coloured the scarecrow using the same Distress Oxide inks and a Detailer Waterbrush. I stamped the grass section of the scarecrow twice more, coloured, die-cut and used creative surgery to remove the scarecrow.I die-cut using the Simon Says Stamp The Scarecrow co-ordinating dies and added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint to the corn stalks.I fixed the first layer of corn stalks to the tag using Distress Collage Medium. I tapped Distress Collage Medium with my finger over the bottom of the tag and pressed Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Mummy Cloth in place.I added the Scarecrow and the remaining corn stalks and grass sections using Simon Says Stamp Thin 3D Foam Squares.I stamped the sentiment from The Scarecrow inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder, heat set, coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink using a Detailer Waterbrush, die-cut and fixed to the tag with Thin 3D Foam Squares.If you arrived here from the amazing Barbara Tarayao's blog, you are in the right place but if you got lost a long the way, you can jump right back on to the hop using the links below
Kath Stewart (you are HERE)
and the next stop on the hop is the fabulous Mindy Eggen.
You can find more inspiration for these dies over at the Simon Says Stamp Gallery HERE. I'm off to make myself a cuppa, find a comfy sofa and enjoy blog hopping along with you.










No comments:
Post a Comment