Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Tim Holtz/Simon Says Stamp - Leaf Prints

Hello my friends, as Summer comes to an end and the leaves are starting to show their Autumn colours, I'm sharing a set of notecards, envelopes and box I made to gift to a friend using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Leaf Prints and Simon Says Stamp Leaf Prints co-ordinating dies. You can check out all the stamps and co-ordinating dies from the new release HERE.


I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to create 4 - 4" x 5.1/4" panels, inked the leaf images from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Leaf Prints with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink, spritzed with water and stamped randomly to create backgrounds.
I stamped another layer using one of the small leaf images inked with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink.
I applied Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Honeycomb Mini Layering Stencil from Set 8 and Tiles Mini Layering Stencil from Set 9. 
I added Bundled Sage and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks around the edges of each panel.
I stamped the leaf images from Leaf Prints on to Distress Watercolor card, inked randomly with Bundled Sage, Rusty Hinge and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks, added splatters of Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Perfect Black Splatter Medium, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.
I die-cut using the Simon Says Stamp Leaf Print co-ordinating dies until I had a big pile to play with reminding me of the not so fun task that awaits me in the coming months of collecting up all the leaves that fall in my garden.
I arranged the Leaf Prints die-cuts on the panels popped up with Thin 3D Foam Squares to create dimension, wound White Hemp Twine around the card panels, tied in a bow and matted the panels on to A2 white card blanks.
I stamped the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Tiny Text on to Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate cardstock inked with Simon Says Stamp White Pigment Ink, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder, heat set and die-cut using the Tiny Text co-ordinating dies.
I fixed the sentiments in place with Thin 3D Foam Squares and added leaf die-cuts to the brown and orange emvelopes.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 6.3/4" x 7.3/4" to create the bottom of the box and 6.7/8" x 7.7/8" for the lid and scored both panels at 1" on each side. I inked the Leaf Prints images with Bundled Sage and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink, spritzed with water and stamped on to the lid panel. I assembled the panels and inked the edges of the lid with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink.
I coloured May Arts White Crinkled Faux Ribbon with Bundled Sage Distress Spray Stain, fixed to the lid, tied in a double bow and added left over Leaf Prints die-cuts.


Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment