Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Save The Children Challenge

Morning folks....a quick question.....have you managed to make any cards yet for the Save The Children Challenge over at Simply Create....NO and I don't need three guesses at what your excuse might be....the weather has been too nice to sit indoors and craft or you are too busy watching the tennis on TV and nobody is more guilty than me...just couldn't gee my ginger and get into the crafty groove yesterday....I had great plans but they all went pear shaped....it's becoming a bit of a regular occurrence in the cubbyhole...so after the sun went down I set to work...had to be something simple so that I could craft and watch tennis at the same time and great news that Andy Murray is through but oh dear what happened to Andy Roddick.....still can't believe he's not through to the next round....but fair dos...he was well and truly outplayed by Mr Lu.
So I sat and stamped....coloured and cut out keeping one eye firmly on the action and churned out another batch of cards....I do hope you will try and make some cards for this very worthwhile cause....and remember there are 3 - £50 vouchers or £50 of goodies waiting to be won and one of them could have your name on it.



Image: Penny Black....All Dressed Up
Sentiment: Hero Arts.....With All My Heart
Hero Arts Jubilee Dots

This must be one of my all time favourite Penny Black images....but he can look a little lost on a bigger card but these cute little scalloped cards from Craftwork Cards are perfect  and hey does he remind you of anyone...but playtime is over...time to crack the whip and get Mr Mojo back to work.   Catch up with you all tomorrow...it's a very special day over at Chez Kath and I wonder what will be on my workdesk tomorrow morning.
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add: just had a message from Jacqui.....the event on Saturday has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and will now be held on 4th September.....I was so looking forward to my day out on Saturday but the good thing is.....it gives you all plenty of time to get some cards made

17 comments:

  1. no I haven't got my bum in gear to do cards for SC yet - but the weathers supposed to be carp today, so with a bit of luck I'll get to it today
    yours are stunning as always
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards Kath, have you ever thought of dressing Buddy with with a tie? What a great photo that would be.lol Hope Buddy is coping with this weather, Skipper is sleeping all day till it cools down. Have a great day both of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and adorable card Kath.
    Have a nice day!
    Ageeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your break away. These cards are lovely, I actually have this stamp and your ideas are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, Kath. The weather seems to be affecting us all. Glad you enjoyed your weekend
    Hugs
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath

    These are super cute cards.

    I am guilty as charged with not joining in.... but my excuse is I didn't know about it. In this case though ignorance is not bliss and I will get cracking to get something created.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath
    what a cuuute card...love it..thanks for giving me a smile everyday
    hugs
    sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards again Kath, & I was so looking forward to the event on Sat & meeting you all, oh well...hope I can manage the Sept date. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. super sweet card, wonderful details!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I usually am not a big fan of white cards but you've made me a believer. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath

    You've shamed me - I too have not made any cards - when I read your earlier post about it I thought "oh I must make some for Jacqui" and then oh dear time goes by, things slip from your mind blah, blah, blah and well I don't have any other excuses really. SOOOO I'm making a note on a bit of paper that is on my desk to make some cards - I'll keep you posted on how I do (promise)!!!!


    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. He looks if he could do with a cuddle Kath, he makes such an adorable card. Dash it, was so looking forward to Saturday, mmmnnnn, what can I do instead I wonder! Yep, have been crafting and watching tennis at the same time to, although eyes more on the tennis. Cards made, who knows might add to the collection. See you soon. nnalorac.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, the dog image is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kath, what great cards. Still not done mine yet. Been cleaning all morning so I could ask my friend round to craft tomorrow and not look as if I never cleaned lol!

    Disappointed the event's been put back to September but I'll organise that day off now. Won't do any harm to have this Saturday off too.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Kath

    As promised I've now made some cards for Jacqui here is a link to my blog post!

    Take care

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete