Monday, December 15, 2014

The Christmas Cookathon...

Hi folks..with only 10 days left until the big day...crikey I feel as though I'm on a runaway Christmas train...time to head to the kitchen and nail the Christmas Cake...
I know what you're thinking...it should have been made a month ago but this is my foolproof Golden Christmas Cake...a recipe I found in Woman's Own in 1970...the year I was married and I've been making it ever since...surely this is not going to be the year it all goes horribly wrong....Cake No 44 ready for the oven to work it's magic...
and the modern day spatula is just too darned efficient compared to the wooden spoon of olden days leaving barely enough for that nostalgic Christmas pastime...licking the bowl...happy childhood memories of running home from school praying that Mum hadn't got round to doing the washing up...
And whilst the cake is baking...I'm nipping back to the cubbyhole to finish off my "waste not want not" Grungeboard project...
using up the last remnants of one of my all time Tim Holtz favourite Paper Stash packs...the gorgeous Merriment which I believe has now been discontinued....bah humbug on that one but...
no doubt Mr TH will be releasing equally gorgeous papers to tempt us at CHA in January so no point in hoarding old stuff...out with the old and in with the new is my motto and if everything goes according to plan I'll be back tomorrow to share probably what will be my last Christmas project of 2014 and a "I've done it again" gorgeous Christmas Cake...she says confidently.
Hugs Kath xxx